Friday, May 20, 2011

Thoughts on Jobs.

So I have been graduated since December and have not aggressively pursued any jobs.  It is a very interesting place to be as a new graduate.  You have this idea of the things you would like to do, but it always seems everyone wants you to have more experience and the entry-level jobs just seem nothing like what you want to be doing.  Plus, there is that element where you wonder what jobs you can apply for as your skill-set seems like it may be a little less than what they are looking for.  But if you constantly seek out the jobs that are right where your skills are or are below your level, how can you push yourself and excel and grow?  

It's been hard as I have constantly and consistently had GCSU on my mind for employment.  I loved, absolutely loved my internship there last summer and would have loved to have stayed and worked with University Advancement.  However, all things must come to an end and afterall it was only a 6-week internship.  I learned so much from my mentor and feel like she would be an excellent person to work with and for.  So here is where my dilemma comes in.  I have not been holding out for a job from there thusfar, but at this point, when I am looking for a job for the Summer/Fall, I feel that I am.  Nothing interests me.  I just keep praying that something will come open for me I think mainly because when I have somewhere that just will not leave my thoughts, that is where I am supposed to be.  That happened with GCSU, my mission, BYU and now... I feel like it is happening with GCSU again with looking for a job.

If anyone has any insight or leads about jobs in the HR/ Nonprofit areas, please let me know.  At this point, I am open to receiving advice.  Can you believe it?  I am looking for some solicited advice! :)  Well better get looking around the job websites. Thanks for reading along with my random thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment