Thursday, June 9, 2011

Prayers Please!

I had a commitment to keep this thing up-to-date and current for everyone with an interest to be able to stay in the loop.  The past little bit has been really filled with working to - in my true perfectionist fashion- submit the best application that I could for this job opening that I have been hoping for.  

The Georgia College position was posted-- it'll be two weeks tomorrow-- and since then, I have been refreshing my resume and putting together what I hope to them  is an impressive business writing sample.  Matt always has his inspiration come when he has time to think- usually the shower is his thinking spot- and yesterday morning, he came out of the bathroom with an inspired piece for me.  He told me even though I was planning to call later this week- that I needed to call and follow-up regarding my application I submitted last Friday.  Also I was bold and used a tip from my business writing course where I said that I would call and request an interview.  I have never been that bold, but with this application- I felt it was important to be proactive.  

Before he left to work for the day, he made me promise I would call that same day.  I spent some time thinking about how I wanted to approach my call.  I can honestly say this was very different for me as I've always had people call me for an interview almost the moment I submitted my application.  I am so very excited about the prospects of this job and what talents and abilities I can bring to the table.  It was lovely and very easy to talk with Bill (the AVP who is doing the hiring).  I always hate when you have that awkward person that is just hard to talk with on the phone.  I am so grateful that was not the issue with this call at all.  Seems like a really great and nice guy.  

It came down to do-or-die time with requesting the interview- in the lull of the conversation, I mentioned my cover letter and asked when we could schedule an interview.  He said that yes we could and we scheduled a Skype interview for tomorrow, Friday. Prayers... all greatly appreciated.  Matt and I would be excited and welcome a move to Georgia to get back to some southern roots.  Well... I think Matt will miss the skiing greatly, but there will be so many opportunities for us there.  

On another note... Macey had her Spay surgery a week ago.  She's not a child, but I can't tell you how sad I was leaving her there and knowing I was causing her pain that she did not choose, but I know it's for her best.  I can't imagine what it will be to see my own children in pain.  It was difficult enough when Matt was in pain and sick-- I felt terrible and it brought me to tears feeling so helpless that I couldn't make him better or take it from him.  That sympathy factor that is a part of me is a gift, but can be a curse.  

She has recovered really well and I tell you- though I shouldn't have laughed, I had quite a few rolling on the floor incidents when Macey would knock into walls with her cone on and would feel cornered and not know what to do.  She would stand just paralyzed staring at the wall.  But don't worry- I think she got us back for all of the laughing.  She now uses her cone as a weapon.  The back of my legs and ankles will be very happy when she is cleared to not have to wear it anymore and her stitches are completely healed.  

I will have another post about what happens with the interview.  Prayers please and lets see how things go!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment